Besides organizing its own events in the field of culture and science, the Austrian Cultural Forum Tokyo also supports events organized by third parties. The support mainly includes financial support, provision of premises or accommodations and event promotion.
The ACF Tokyo gladly accepts grant requests.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- The event takes place in Japan.
- The event has a tangible reference to Austria conveyed in a presentation about contemporary art or a scientific topic enhancing a critical dialogue.
- Grants are awarded according to the funds available. There is no individual claim for being funded. If no financial support can be granted, there is still the possibility of a request for nominal support.
- Funding is primarily provided if the project could not be undertaken or carried out entirely without it.
- In principle the ACF Tokyo can offer to take over travel, overnight, transport or printing costs after checking the respective project.
- When it comes to projects conducted in the field of music the basic principle is that funding will solely be granted for projects featuring music of the 20th century and contemporary music. Only in a exceptional cases funding will be granted for classical musical programs.
- The grant request has to contain the following information:
- Name of the Austrian participant(s) / participant(s) living in Austria
- Date and venue of the event
- Name of the Japanese organizer (confirmation or invitation)
- Event description (max. 1x A4 page)
- Detailed cost breakdown (travelling costs, transportation costs etc.) and financing plan including a list of other external funding sources (applied and/or granted), sponsorships and own capital
- CV and documentation of past artistic or scientific work
- Please observe the following deadlines when submitting your application:
- For the period January – April until October of the previous year
- For the period May – August until February
- For the period September – December until June
- The support of the Austrian Cultural Forum has to be indicated on every relevant advertising material (posters, accompanying books, invitations etc.) by using the ACF logo; if possible the logo should be accompanied with the reference: in cooperation with (or with support of) the Austrian Cultural Forum Tokyo.
- Before its printing or the public distribution, advertising material should be handed in to the ACF Tokyo for reviewing and approval purposes. Please provide at least one copy of every print material.
- In the case of longer-term projects, the ACF is to be informed of their progress by e-mail at regular intervals. Any postponements, changes in Austrian participation or any cancellation of a single or all events must be communicated with the ACF Tokyo without delay.
- The disbursement of the grants can only be made based on the invoices for provided services. Principally grants are paid after the project has been carried out.
- For projects which have not been fully implemented, the payments are only made on a pro rata basis.
- After the end of the event, a report containing the following points must be sent to the ACF within 15 days (for events in December immediately after the event):
- Place, date, time of each event
- Partners for project implementation
- Estimated number of visitors per event
- Description of the individual events:
- Personal perception of the event,
- Reaction of visitors
- The benefits of your Japan visit (e.g. important contacts, cultural or other helpful experiences, etc.)
- Reviews / Recommendations by partner institutions
- Cost breakdown
- Press response in print, TV, radio, web (publication date & name of the medium);
please add scans or links to the respective media content
- We would like to point out that failure to fulfill the requirements listed above may result in denying support or revocation of support by the Austrian Cultural Forum.
The Application form shall be considered as a helpful tool or guide. It can be used for applications.
Please send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com
The ACF Tokyo is already looking forward to your application!