Austria and Japan will commemorate the 150th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations in the year 2019.
To the Austrian Cultural Forum this anniversary serves as impetus to further intensify the cultural exchange between Austria and Japan. We would like to celebrate this special jubilee with as many Austrian and Japanese people as possible and thus support events featuring and promoting friendly relations and exchange between the two countries.
In order to achieve this goal we rely on the support and ideas from you. We would like to ask you to contact us (Link) if you plan on conducting a scientific or cultural project in the year 2019. We look forward discussing with you the project and possible ways of cooperation.
On the occasion of the anniversary year Austria and Japan have designed a special anniversary logo. Organizers of cultural and scientific events are welcome to apply for authorisation to use that logo at the respective Embassy. To get more information on this, please click this Link.
Nominal support and anniversary year logo
Cultural and scientific projects with reference to Austria taking place in the year 2019 in Japan can request the nominal support and the use of the anniversary year logo at the Embassy of Austria in Japan.
Nominal support given by the Embassy of Austria entitles the organiser:
- to make public that the project is officially approved by the Embassy of Austria
- to use the logo of the Austrian Embassy, the Austrian Cultural Forum and/or the special anniversary logo on advertisement material, e.g. poster, brochures, websites, banners and the like.
Eligibility for endorsement
- The event/project should aim at promoting Austro-Japanese exchange in various fields (youth exchange, arts and culture, science and education, sports, tourism, economics, politics, etc.), encouraging mutual understanding and strengthening the friendship between Austria and Japan.
- The event/project should have an Austrian element (Austrian artists; programme/topic, topic concerning Austria, contribution to the mutual understanding and cultural exchange between Austria and Japan etc.)
- If the event is a concert, either the programme should consist of at least 66% music piece by Austrian composers or it is (co-)performed by an Austrian musician
- The event/project has to take place in Japan in 2019
- The event/project does not violate any Austrian or Japanese law, public morals and is not directed to negatively affect the Austria-Japanese relations
- The project shall not solely be profit-oriented
- The application has to be made at least 3 months in advance of the project start
- The application has to contain detailed information on the project
- Every document in print or electronical form, which carries the logo of the Austrian Embassy, the Austrian Cultural Forum and/or the special anniversary logo has to be approved by the Cultural Forum before used publicly
- The Austrian Cultural Forum shall not be liable for the project or its costs
- The Austrian Culture Forum shall be notified in case of major changes to the aim or the programme of the Event/project.
- After the event organizers are requested to submit a brief report (in free form) on the event including some photos to the Embassy
The Austrian Culture Forum shall be notified in case of major changes to the aim or the programme of the Event/project.
After the event organizers are requested to submit a brief report (in free form) on the event including some photos to the Embassy
After nominal support is given, the organisers can request the Austrian Culture Forum to advertise the project on their Website and their monthly newsletter. This request has to contain a short description of the project (100 words) in Japanese, English and German as well as descriptive images for advertisement purposes.
The Embassy of Austria kindly asks the organisers, who have been approved, to provide the Embassy a limited amount of free entry tickets.
Additionally the Austrian Cultural Forum kindly asks for cooperation regarding the distribution of its information material during the project/the event.
The Austrian Cultural Forum reserves the right to withdraw nominal support, if the organiser or the project ceases to meet the requirements listed above.
If you are planning to organise an event which fulfils the requirements listed above, please apply for nominal support and the use of the anniversary year logo by submitting the application form.
Please submit your application via E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Austrian Culture Forum is looking forward to your application!
In order to reach our aim to have as many projects/events as possible, we are constantly looking for sponsors. If you are interested in strengthening the Austrian-Japanese cultural relations and willing to contribute financially towards the realization of projects please contact us providing information on what kind of project (e.g. music, film, literature, theater,…) and the approximate amount you would be willing to support.
We are grateful for every sponsor contributing to make the anniversary year 2019 a success.